Same Day Music is an
authorized Korg dealer
The Korg MicroKorg XL + starts with the same powerful MMT synthesis and 8-voice polyphony as the original MicroKorg XL and adds PCM dedicated to sought-after vintage keyboards instruments. The sixteen band vocoder offers unique Formant Shift and Formant Hold functions, and includes a gooseneck mic. Download the free editor software. Multi Modeling Synthesis (MMT); dual KAOSS derived effects processors; 16-band vocoder hot-rodded with Formant Hold and Formant Shift functions - MicroKorg XL + has it all. MicroKorg XL+ comes equipped with the piano sound from Korg's classic stage piano, the SGproX as well as its hard-edged grand-type electric piano.
Meet The Micro!
For years, the microKORG has been the world's top-selling music synthesizer. Now, the microKORG XL is ready to join the Korg line-up. Based on the same winning combination of a small footprint, mini-keys, battery-powered portability and huge Korg sound, the microKORG XL is ready to expand your musical vocabulary. The fun factor is huge, too. A gooseneck microphone is included for instant synthesizer vocoder excitement, right out of the box!
Neo-Vintage Music Synth Power
The microKORG XL music synthesizer carries a proud pedigree. The MMT (Multi Modeling Technology) sound engine is descended from the RADIAS/R3 synthesizers, while the dual effects processors come down from the famous KAOSS line. The microKORG XL also offers remarkable playability. For example, the black key/white key proportions have been adjusted for easier chording and the key response has been improved for rapid-fire soloing. And the old -school square front keys? Well, they look wicked cool! Together with a sound-bending vocoder and six-pattern arpeggiation, microKORG XL packs a powerful sonic punch.
From Vintage Synths to Modern Creations
The eight-voice MMT synth engine in the microKORG XL music synthesizer offers traditional analog waveforms plus a total of seven algorithms, including formant waveforms, noise, and PCM/DWGS waves for those vintage keyboards and strings. Cross-modulation, unison stacking, and VPM (Variable Phase Modulation) let you create sounds that would be impossible for a conventional PCM synthesizer to generate. Sync and ring modulation also make it easy to create complex and powerful sounds. Two multi-mode filters, a drive/waveshaping circuit for distinctively distorted sounds, and EG and LFO for creating time-varying tonal change, all provide plenty of parameters for serious synthesis. Virtual Patching brings it all together.
Effects Derived from the Korg Kaoss Series
Seventeen up-to-the-minute effects deliver everything from a traditional chorus all the way to grain shifting. In addition, delay effects can be synchronized to a MIDI clock for "beat-sensitive" situations. You can even process external sounds! The microKORG XL's amazing vocoder adds vocal characteristics to any sound, creating everything from pseudo choirs and talking instruments to vintage Sci-Fi robots. Our unique Formant Hold allows you to freeze the vocal input for continuous vocoder effects. You can also use the Formant Shift function to adjust the level and pan of each of the sixteen bands, greatly altering the tonal character. The distinctive retro-styling of the microKorg XL music synthesizer allows for quick selection of any of the 128 on-board, editable programs. For the diehard synthesists and sound designers, the three performance edit knobs provide for fast and effective editing...You're also free to select and assign your favorite parameters! Download the free Editing software and manage sounds on your computer!
- MIDI and USB connections
- Operates on battery power or an adapter for musicians on the go!
- Two grab-and-go knobs provide instant access to 128 editable programs
- Easy-to-read display makes editing a snap.
- Even more vintage sounds, including the KORG SGproX piano, M1 and VOX organs and Tape instruments
- 16-band vocoder with XLR gooseneck mic
- Unique Formant Hold and Formant Shift features
- Program genre selector that reflects the current musical scene
- A powerful Kaoss effects engine generates killer effects
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
INTERFACE and KEYBED:
- Display: Custom backlit LCD
- Keyboard: 37-note Natural Touch action
- Switches: 7; Bank (2 position), Octave Up and Down (toggle), timbre select (2 position), Arp On/Off, Vocoder On/Off, Write, Exit/Shift
- Knobs: 7; Volume, tempo, program select (genre and category), real-time assign, edit menu selector
- Wheels: Pitch and ModulationPROGRAMS:
- Polyphony 8 voices (up to 4 when the vocoder is selected)- Program: 128- Number of timbres Maximum 2 (when using Layer, Split, or Multi)- Synth 2 oscillator + noise generator
- Oscillator 1
- Waveform SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE, FORMANT,
- NOISE, PCM/DWGS, AUDIO IN
- Modulation WAVEFORM, CROSS, UNISON, VPM
- Oscillator 2
- Waveform SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE
- Modulation RING, SYNC, RING+SYNC
- Wave shaping
- WS type DRIVE , DECIMATOR, HARDCLIP, OCT SAW,
- MULTI TRI, MULTI SIN, SUB OSC SAW, SUB- OSC SQU, SUB OSC TRI, SUB OSC SIN, LEVEL
- Multi-mode filters
- Filter 1
-24 dB/oct LPF: -12 dB/oct LPF, HPF, BPF, Thru
- Filter 2 LPF, HPF, BPF
- Vocoder 16-band vocoder, adjustable level and pan for each band, Format Shift function, Formant Hold function
- Keyboard 37-note (mini keyboard, velocity sensitive, no aftertouch)
- Effects Timbre: 2-band EQ
- Master: master effects (17 effect algorithms)
- Arpeggiator UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger (6 types),
- Step Arpeggiator function
- Programs 128 programs (banks A/B x 8 genres x 8 categories)CONNECTIONS:
- Input- AUDIO IN [LINE] jack, AUDIO IN [MIC] jack (with AUDIO IN [MIC/XLR] switch)
- AUDIO IN [LINE] jack
- Maximum input level+19 dBu
- Input source impedance: 8 ohms
- Connector: 1/4" phone jack (unbalanced)
- AUDIO IN [MIC] jack:
- Maximum input level-11 dBu- Input source impedance
- 7 k-ohms
- Connector XLR (balanced):
- L/MONO, R jacks
- Maximum output level +6 dBu @ 10 k-ohm load
- Output source impedance: 1 k-ohm
- Connectors 1/4" phone jacks (unbalanced)
- HEADPHONE jack:
- Maximum output level 36 + 36 dBu @ 33 ohms load
- Output source impedance: 10 ohms
- Connector 1/4" stereo phone jack
- MIDI IN, OUT: USB connector B typeMISC:
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 21.89 x 9.09 x 2.87"
- Weight: 4.41 lbs.
- Power supply DC9V
- Six AA batteries (Approximate lifespan is 4 hours with alkaline batteries)
- Included items: XLR Gooseneck Microphone with windscreen, Power Adapter
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 7 lbs
- with Gator Bag
- Shipping Weight: 9 lbs